Tony Roma’s Meal-Planning Guide for the Busy Mom
Tony Roma’s knows that families today are busier than ever. Between work, school and extracurricular activities, sometimes it may seem like everyone in your family is constantly on the move! Fortunately, Tony Roma’s has some great tips to make life easier for busy moms.
- Meal planning saves time. Each weekend, decide what’s for dinner for every night of the coming week, and you’ll find it takes much less time than digging around each night trying to figure out what to eat. If you’re really ambitious, you can make and freeze meals on the weekends, so that each day is really just a thaw and warm endeavor. Short on ideas for meals? Try an app like Big Oven to get inspired.
- Doing your prep work in advance can be a lifesaver. Even if you’re not up to making full meals in advance, you can chop and dice to make it easier when it’s time to throw the meal together.
- Savvy moms use meal planning to save money. When you’re ready to make a plan for the week, you’ll need two things: your favorite recipes and your favorite store’s weekly ad. Get your family’s input on what they’d like, but try to steer your dinner options in-line with what’s on sale. Make a list and shop for everything over the weekend, and if you really want to save money, incorporate coupons into this extremely organized shopping trip.
- Don’t think you’re up to all that planning? Enlist the help of a meal planning service to make the plan for you. A quick search online will offer you many different weekly meal plans, like this one from SparkPeople.com. You may be surprised to find that once you get the hang of it, you’ll no longer need the extra help.
- You’ll be impressed how much energy you save! Of course, you can save energy for your home by using a crock pot or microwave for some of your meals, but that’s not what we mean. We’re talking about the personal energy saved when a tired mom doesn’t have to spend time and brainpower making dinner. By planning the easiest meals for the nights when you know you’ll be busiest, you can make life much easier and make mealtime less stressful.
Of course, one of the best tips for making mealtime a snap is to incorporate Tony Roma’s succulent, pre-cooked barbecue into your weekly meal plan. With Tony Roma’s, you can have your pick of ribs, pulled pork or chicken, all simple to put on the table in just about 20 minutes. To find Tony Roma’s at a grocery store near you, visit the store locator on our website. To connect with the online community, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and check out our mouthwatering Pinterest boards.