5 Ways to Barbecue at Home on #MeatlessMonday
Barbecuing at home is one of life’s simple pleasures, but is it possible to do it without meat? The term “barbecue” might bring to mind savory ribs, big juicy steaks, succulent chicken or mouthwatering burgers, but there are other ways to use the grill, that even vegetarians will love. If you’re trying to institute #MeatlessMonday at your house, take heart; we have some recipes for barbecuing at home that will allow you to use the grill any night of the week, any way you choose.
- Lime Grilled Avocados have a delightful and delicious simplicity. Preparing them requires nothing more than olive oil, limes, salt and a few minutes on the grill!
- Grilled Pizza Dough with Veggies and Almond “Ricotta” is versatile, because it can be made with any of your family’s favorite vegetables. Gluten-free and vegan, this meal can be pulled together quickly if you make the pizza dough ahead of time.
- BBQ Portobello Sliders are hearty and flavorful, marinated and slathered with a sweet and savory sauce that will make your mouth water. Served on slider rolls, they’re perfect as a hearty meatless snack.
- Italian-style Eggplant Sausages are delectable links crafted from Japanese eggplants and a savory mix of seasonings. Served on warm hoagie rolls, under a potato, onion and pepper topping, they’re sure to please the crowd.
- Vegan Cauliflower BBQ “Wings” are a clever and tasty fake-out, especially when served with tempting cashew cheese dip. This recipe is made with a BBQ sauce that has no oils or sugars, uses gluten-free flour and is baked instead of deep fried, making these the healthiest “wings” you’ve ever eaten!
If you’re barbecuing at home for #MeatlessMonday, we’re confident that the recipes we’ve brought you here will set you on a tasty track. If it’s Tuesday, though, consider Tony Roma’s ribs! Pre-cooked and easy to prepare in about 15 minutes, they’re the perfect meal any night of the week. For more ideas for barbecuing at home, as well as more mouthwatering recipes, find us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.