More Than Grilled Cheese | 6 Great Sandwich Grilling Recipes
How do you feel about grilling sandwiches? What comes to mind when you think about grilled cheese? Slices of cheese melted between slices of bread? It’s time to open your mind to all the possibilities, because grilling sandwiches is a great way to get a warm, succulent meal without heating up your kitchen.
- You can keep a grilled cheese fairly traditional and still make it interesting. Try making a classic grilled cheese with cheddar, Monterey jack or Swiss cheeses, and then add sliced tomato and a few strips of bacon. Savory, juicy and delicious! Avocado is another tasty add-on that doesn’t disrupt the traditional grilled cheese too much.
- It doesn’t take much to spice up a grilled cheese sandwich. Add jalapeno slices and crunched up corn chips, and you have a spicy nacho sandwich! You can also opt for a more exotic spicy grilled cheese, using a combination of cream cheese, goat cheese and chopped Peppadew peppers.
- The cheese is the biggest variable in a good grilled cheese. If you’re still pulling American cheese off little plastic wrappers, we beg you to stop. There are so many cheeses in the world, and it’s easy to find your own melty, creamy favorite. Want some delicious suggestions? Try Muenster, Gouda, goat cheese, Havarti, Fontina or Gruyere, and you’ll make your taste buds happy.
- Fruit adds sweetness to a savory grilled cheese. Try joining ham with apple butter and Swiss on white bread or with pineapple preserves on Hawaiian bread. You can also skip the meat and grill up some pear slices with Camembert, between two slices of wheat bread, for a more sophisticated taste.
- Grilled cheese for dessert? Yes, please! Try spreading one slice of challah bread with ricotta, another slice with Nutella, and grilling them with bananas in between. You can also make a sweet grilled cheese using cinnamon raisin bread, brie and orange marmalade.
- How does Tony Roma’s fit into this sandwich grilling theme? We’re so glad you asked, because we’re about to introduce you to the ultimate grilled cheese sandwich. Ladies and gentlemen, meet the Grilled Onion Barbecue Pulled Pork Grilled Cheese. You’re welcome.
Whether you’re grilling sandwiches, or just want to get some barbecue on the table in a hurry, Tony Roma’s can help, with precooked barbecue that’s easy to prepare quickly: no grilling required. To find Tony Roma’s at a grocery store near you, visit the store locator on our website. To connect with the online community, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and check out our mouthwatering Pinterest boards.